• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phone caller / listener interaction games?

radiofish

Frequent Participant
Any suggestions or ideas on on-air games beteen callers or even successive callers for a morning show segment? Any online resources?

Slightly off topic but then again.....

Years ago I knew a guy who did overnights at a Beautiful Music station. To kill time he would call a random numbers on two phone lines and conference the lines together while he'd listen on a third line and listen to the bewilderment of two half asleep individuals arguing on who called who. Of course, this was long before caller ID or *69.

BOOOOOOOOOO Batle of the sexes was always lame to me.

My station did a show-case-showdown style game for prizes sometimes, always went great.

*EDIT*

OOOOOOOOOO Almost forgot about this one, a lady in Canada (Jane Hurle) does a Christmas feature called Reindeer Races where I think you have 2 callers bet on what reindeer will win

Just make sure that you actually have real people on the phone, because everyone knows when you are just calling out names of people. We have one who has been doing that forever. Never anyone calling, just naming people to send out to.

We always used caller ID to watch for Prize Pigs... and to avoid some locals with room temperature IQ's. Once they started blocking calls, we started "not being able to hear them" and "getting disconnected" etc.

As for multiple caller games it shouldn't be hard to figure out so long as you utilize "theater of the mind"... Believe it or not, I worked with a GM that INSISTED on us having full game props for EVERY game we played... right down to buying a huge wheel of fortune for our spin game! She thought my sound effect disk wasn't good enough.

Probably a good idea not to do it by e-mail too.

Oh man... I once gave away a HUGE prize via email... (floor seats, 9th row to the Eagles)... and said it would go to the FIRST person who emailed me the name of each band member... man... I had people calling non stop begging me to give it over the phone... and finally about 30 minutes later my first email came in!!!

PAINFUL

That is partly the point. It is the telephone hotline, not the e-mail contest line. I once received a reply to an e-mail on which my name and other information were altered. I still have that e-mail.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom