• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WNIC asks Detroit's Opinion....

tigermichal

Inactive
Inactive User
I'm not from Detroit area but i thought i'd share this.. they are asking on the website when you want them to start playing there usal Holiday music this year. They have an option that says play it now and one that says at the beginnig of november. check it out at www.wnic.com

That is a busy website! I should have worn sunglasses! 8)

I am a Detroiter transplanted into Phoenix and I used to listen to WNIC. I would have voted for Thanksgiving/right after Thanksgiving but I am not going to register just to vote.

Go Tigers!

tigermichal said:
I'm not from Detroit area but i thought i'd share this.. they are asking on the website when you want them to start playing there usal Holiday music this year. They have an option that says play it now and one that says at the beginning of november. check it out at www.wnic.com

Give me a break! We're not even over Halloween yet! I don't like either choice, really. I say start playing it on Thanksgiving Day.

kenhawk1160 said:
tigermichal said:
I'm not from Detroit area but i thought i'd share this.. they are asking on the website when you want them to start playing there usal Holiday music this year. They have an option that says play it now and one that says at the beginning of november. check it out at www.wnic.com

Give me a break! We're not even over Halloween yet! I don't like either choice, really. I say start playing it on Thanksgiving Day.

Those are not the only two choices. The choices available on WNIC.com are:

1. Start today! I can't get enough!
2. The beginning of November
3. Mid-November
4. After Thanksgiving
5. Mid-December
6. Never! Bah Humbug!

wmgcbs said:

3. Mid-November
4. After Thanksgiving
5. Mid-December
6. Never! Bah Humbug!

Number 4 for $500, Alex.

kenhawk1160 said:
wmgcbs said:

3. Mid-November
4. After Thanksgiving
5. Mid-December
6. Never! Bah Humbug!

Number 4 for $500, Alex.

Honestly, I would have to take #3. I like the holiday music leading up to Thanksgiving.

But, if last year was any indication of WNIC's plans for Christmas music, they'll probably be jingling the bells on Wednesday, 11/1 regardless of what a listener poll says. That's what I find interesting... you can vote all you want on these radio station polls, but they'll probably flip whenever they the feel like it, whether it was choice number one by listeners or not.

Josh C. said:
Or at least after Santa Claus passes through Harold Square.

Since there's no Hudson's for him to come down Woodward Ave to visit. :'(

fred flintstone said:
Josh C. said:
Or at least after Santa Claus passes through Harold Square.

Since there's no Hudson's for him to come down Woodward Ave to visit. :'(

Don't forget Gratiot Avenue (the cruising spot for us native 'east siders').

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom