• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Delilah Change..

NewsRadioFan

Inactive
Inactive User
New "Seattle Style" Imaging/Jingles For Delilah Last night! Awesome Updated Playlist that doesn't make you sleepy

New Program Clock and More!...

pretty good move, i kinda got used to her old toh bed. :'(

I'll I have to give it a quick listen tonight! It's nearly impossible to not find Delilah on the radio, at least where I live!

I do not hear much of the change.I myself like the new jingles of the show.I sure wish they delete some of her content and replace it with another song play(after song #1).I am looking forward to hear how her"Christmas Mode"sounds.

Huh?

Be specific, I don't know what jargon you are speaking with right there.

I did not get a chance to listen to the"XMAS"feed.The John Tesh Radio Show"XMAS"feed(non voice track version)should be coming in a few weeks or sooner.

www.reelworld.com

They Have The Whole Pack Up
Including Cut 10 Which is her Point Hope Sponser Cut

The Demo Is UBBERLY FUNNY! ;D

And is it on purpose? Theme 5 Sounds One heck of alot like her original theme.

DUH-lilah has been off of Mix 92.9 here in Nashville since May 2012. Yet every once in a while a listener STILL posts a comment to their Facebook page wondering "whatever happened to Delilah?" I am like the rest of you. I don't miss her, either.

I'm not too surprised that KVIL finally dropped Delilah. KVIL's playlist is waaay too extreme to even carry Delilah at all. How does Delilah even fit herself into "The 'LAME' New Sound of 1037 KVIL" positioning as "Best Variety...90s, 2k, and Today" for 6-7 months? Every night I'm driving home from school, listening to KVIL, I thought it's pretty crazy that Delilah had to identify her show on KVIL as "You're listening to Delilah, tonight, here on 1037 KVIL with Best Variety...90s, 2k, and Today!" (something like that) in her voice.

My mom likes Delilah a lot. Sometimes I like her show. I don't have an opinion for her show, really. On the other side, I have a very strong opinion of specifically which AC stations she's more likely to fit to based on how upbeat the music is or which decades of music they play from. Delilah would not fit with KVIL at all, even before KVIL's format retool in May 2013. OFC, Delilah would fit with KVIL back in 2010. KVIL really starts to freshen up their playlist since Fall 2011 and throughout 2012 (Cleveland's WDOK approach), which is why they came to the point they might as well dumped 1980s music altogether and retooled their AC format in May 2013.

I really think Delilah would fit more on AC's like WLYF/Miami, WMGF/Orlando, WLMG/New Orleans, and KOST/LA even though one of these stations have their very own special dedicated show like KOST with "Love Songs on the Coast" with Karen Sharp. WMGF used to have both Delilah and John Tesh. I really believe Delilah would fit with WMGF again based on their slight old-leaning AC music approach since 2012, but as we all know Cheap Channel wouldn't invest in something like that... I believe Delilah would fit "PERFECTLY" to WLYF based on their very old-leaning AC music approach. WLYF currently have John Tesh throughout the evening and night hours. It's funny, but I really thought John Tesh rather fits more on KVIL than WLYF whilst Delilah rather fits more on WLYF than any other AC's in the US.

CBS is really making an effort to be live and local. Delilah is neither. So she gets replaced by a local voice at KVIL.

Ironically, there was something about her recently in Parade magazine which indicated she was still successful. No sign her popularity was falling off. But from this site, I knew the truth.

I don't know what happened with her show anyways. There used to be requests for really sappy stuff - love songs from the 1970s and 80s. Then in the last couple years it's been requests for Adele, and Lady Gaga. What's going on? I thought Delilah was suppose to be a love song show - not a show with dedications for "adult top 40" songs.

-crainbebo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom