• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Y101.7 old logo

M

mkjatobr

Can anyone tell me where on the net I can find Y101.7's old logo? What is the logo called? Any stations that you all know of using this logo still? I know WZNY Y105.7 in Augusta, GA used this logo when they were top 40... and in Dubuque, Iowa, KYLV Y105.3 currently uses this logo... and I believe somewhere a Z station uses it also... it had the blue background and the "pink paint" with Y101 in yellow letters... when did Y101 drop this logo and adopt its current?

I'm not sure exactly when the logo change came about, but I think it was sometime in 2000 or 2001. When I got there in December of '02, the new logo was already in effect. You might check with Jackson Convention and Visitors Bureau. I recall them accidentally using the old logo on a Jubilee Jam poster in either 2002 or 2003. They might still have it. MC

You'd probably have to call their office and see if they still have it on file. That's all I can think of. Not likely, but you never know. MC

mkjatobr said:
Can anyone tell me where on the net I can find Y101.7's old logo? What is the logo called? Any stations that you all know of using this logo still? I know WZNY Y105.7 in Augusta, GA used this logo when they were top 40... and in Dubuque, Iowa, KYLV Y105.3 currently uses this logo... and I believe somewhere a Z station uses it also... it had the blue background and the "pink paint" with Y101 in yellow letters... when did Y101 drop this logo and adopt its current?
I believe a station in Dothan has or had it a similar logo. It may've been that Z station.

Z105 I believe which is now WDBT 105.3 The BEAT. I can't find that logo they used. Anyway, what is this type of logo called? Was it common with Top 40 stations?

Just discovered, WWCK CK105.5 Flint, MI uses the same logo.

I forgot about CK 105.5, which I had a chance to listen to on a trip to Michigan six months ago.The logo has gotten around a bit, though not nearly as popular as the blue-ball Kiss stations. I've seen 95.5 the Beat's old logo being used for a St. Louis urban station, as well as a similar design to the Beat in Atlanta.

I'm so excited that we could finally find the elusive Y-101 logo. Glad I saved those old WZZQ letterheads just in case.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom