• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What ever happened to Garry Meier?

K

k9ez

Did he end up anywhere? Now that ABC is shedding WLS, any chance he might make a come back?

You must have been reading my mind.

Listening to Roe yesterday talk about the sale, all I could yell was 'Garry - where are you??? Come back now!!!!"

Well, all we can do is hope and pray -

> Did he end up anywhere? Now that ABC is shedding WLS, any
> chance he might make a come back?
>

> Did he end up anywhere? Now that ABC is shedding WLS, any
> chance he might make a come back?
>
Pharmacy school?<P ID="signature">______________
It's radio, not brain surgery - Jim deCastro

When in Atlanta, listen to 85 FM DIRK!</P>

> You must have been reading my mind.
>
> Listening to Roe yesterday talk about the sale, all I could
> yell was 'Garry - where are you??? Come back now!!!!"
>
> Well, all we can do is hope and pray -
>
>
> > Did he end up anywhere? Now that ABC is shedding WLS, any
>
> > chance he might make a come back?
> >
>
Last year he was "almost" employed at WSCR by former WLS boss Drew Hayes, but Goofy Garry & the agent/wife Cynthia wanted 2 million/year and CBS said no. Somehow he was back at CBS a few months ago trying out for the Howard Stern spot, but again he didn't get a job - he lost it to ROVER! LOL

Even through I realize it has been over 11 years since this post, but here is the update of where he has been, he did a short run as the late morning shot host, on the radio station that Steve Dahl was on, then off and unemployed again, hired by a certain radio station, I don't want to mention its call letters or name. First did a time shift of 1:00-4:00, then over a year later promoted to the afternoon show with the show's running time of 3:00-7:00 did that for a good number of years. Demoted to their online stream, and months later, canceled by that same station altogether, last year started his own podcast, which is still going on today at http://www.garrymeier.com . Don't know if he will ever return to a regular radio job, and I doubt that he will, as to the best of my knowledge is that he is enjoying what he is doing now.

What's verboten about saying Meier spent some time on WGN? It's been quite a while now.

What's verboten about saying Meier spent some time on WGN? It's been quite a while now.

In total it was what 5 and a half years, which most of it was as the afternoon drive host with Elton Jim Turano as his unofficial sidekick/slash board operator

dunno

I say it is doubtful that he will ever make a return to regular radio that as far as I am aware of he is happy doing his podcasts that nobody could even fire him from.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom