• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Transamerica Brazil can also be heard in Nagoya, Japan!

CHRles

Star Participant
Looks like Jovem Pan isn't the only CHR from Brazil that can be heard in Japan. Transamerica Pop can also be heard in Nagoya on 76.5 FM:

76.5 FM in Nagoya!!
http://www.transanet.fm/
(32 K) mms://61.112.173.60/transapop

> Looks like Jovem Pan isn't the only CHR from Brazil that can
> be heard in Japan. Transamerica Pop can also be heard in
> Nagoya on 76.5 FM:
>
> 76.5 FM in Nagoya!!
> http://www.transanet.fm/
> (32 K) mms://61.112.173.60/transapop
>

Hmm, I am getting a station on 76.5, and they are surprisingly playing J-Pop music, but then I got curious as I went to the above link before checking, and they aren't playing the same program, I'm now listening to what sounds like BOA from Nagoya via JG2PUW, and some male artist on that website, both stations are doing announcements in japanese.

Too bad the DXtuner in Brazil isn't up anymore, I'd check it there, maybe Brazil is allowing frequencies to be allocated in that part of the spectrum now?

> > Looks like Jovem Pan isn't the only CHR from Brazil that
> can
> > be heard in Japan. Transamerica Pop can also be heard in
> > Nagoya on 76.5 FM:
> >
> > 76.5 FM in Nagoya!!
> > http://www.transanet.fm/
> > (32 K) mms://61.112.173.60/transapop
> >
>
> Hmm, I am getting a station on 76.5, and they are
> surprisingly playing J-Pop music, but then I got curious as
> I went to the above link before checking, and they aren't
> playing the same program, I'm now listening to what sounds
> like BOA from Nagoya via JG2PUW, and some male artist on
> that website, both stations are doing announcements in
> japanese.
>
> Too bad the DXtuner in Brazil isn't up anymore, I'd check it
> there, maybe Brazil is allowing frequencies to be allocated
> in that part of the spectrum now?
>
As far as I know, Japan is pretty much the only country with stations running below 87 FM. It used be pretty common in Eastern Europe, but in the 90s all stations changed to the American system (like the rest of the world).
Maybe the DXtuner site isn't exactly in Nagoya, but rather in a nearby town. Seems to be the case with other cities on that site...

I do amit that it's really weird there's two CHR/Pop stations based out of Brazil that are syndicated to Nagoya. I mean, Tokyo has Inter FM, which is a Global CHR, and near the American bases there's Armed Forces Radio, and even syndications of Hawaiian stations. But Nagoya seems to be ultra unique. I know there's huge Asian populations in Brazil's wealthy big cities, especially Japanese, but are there Brazilians living in Nagoya? Is Portugese more popular then English in this town (one of Japan's leading cities)?

> As far as I know, Japan is pretty much the only country with
> stations running below 87 FM. It used be pretty common in
> Eastern Europe, but in the 90s all stations changed to the
> American system (like the rest of the world).
> Maybe the DXtuner site isn't exactly in Nagoya, but rather
> in a nearby town. Seems to be the case with other cities on
> that site...
>
> I do amit that it's really weird there's two CHR/Pop
> stations based out of Brazil that are syndicated to Nagoya.
> I mean, Tokyo has Inter FM, which is a Global CHR, and near
> the American bases there's Armed Forces Radio, and even
> syndications of Hawaiian stations. But Nagoya seems to be
> ultra unique. I know there's huge Asian populations in
> Brazil's wealthy big cities, especially Japanese, but are
> there Brazilians living in Nagoya? Is Portugese more popular
> then English in this town (one of Japan's leading cities)?

Yeah, I know about that in once instance, the Hawaiian station that was being relayed by AFRTS in Aomori. When DXTuners used to have a radio in that area, the guy running that rig told me they were running the relay as a temporary fill-in until they were ready to run AFRTS programming.

> >
> As far as I know, Japan is pretty much the only country with
> stations running below 87 FM
>

The Japanese FM band is unique, but wait until digital radio becomes the norm.
Every part of the world has different band plans and technologies.
Most countries are using Eureka-147 protocal, the US is using iBOC, and Japan is using ISDB-T.
Then too, some countries (UK, S.Korea) use high band VHF, most use the 1.4-1.5GHz L band, the United States uses the standard FM band.
Even satelite radio within the US varies somewhat between XM and Sirius.<P ID="signature">______________
Proud 2 B a pioneering satellite radio subs¢riber
Ai4i is always on the trailing edge of technology
_______________</P>

Lots of Japanese in Brazil and vise versa

> I do amit that it's really weird there's two CHR/Pop
> stations based out of Brazil that are syndicated to Nagoya.
> I mean, Tokyo has Inter FM, which is a Global CHR, and near
> the American bases there's Armed Forces Radio, and even
> syndications of Hawaiian stations. But Nagoya seems to be
> ultra unique. I know there's huge Asian populations in
> Brazil's wealthy big cities, especially Japanese, but are
> there Brazilians living in Nagoya? Is Portugese more popular
> then English in this town (one of Japan's leading cities)?
>

The last ousted president of Brazil was japanese! During/after WWII, Brazil was one of the very few countries to open their doors to the Japanese refugees. Japan, grateful for brazil's actions during that time, opened their doors to immigrating Brazilians. I was suprised to learn there is such a large Brazilian poulation in Japan. Not too suprised about a large population in Nagoya since it is one of the largest cities just outside of Tokyo and has direct train lines into to Tokyo. Nagoya also is the nearest airport to Tokyo if I remember correctly. haha Trust me, hearing a japanese girl speaking fluent Portugese as I walked through Narita Airport in Nagoya caught me off guard for a minute haha!

Re: Lots of Japanese in Brazil and vise versa

AllForADeuce said:
The last ousted president of Brazil was japanese! During/after WWII, Brazil was one of the very few countries to open their doors to the Japanese refugees. Japan, grateful for brazil's actions during that time, opened their doors to immigrating Brazilians. I was suprised to learn there is such a large Brazilian poulation in Japan. Not too suprised about a large population in Nagoya since it is one of the largest cities just outside of Tokyo and has direct train lines into to Tokyo. Nagoya also is the nearest airport to Tokyo if I remember correctly. haha Trust me, hearing a japanese girl speaking fluent Portugese as I walked through Narita Airport in Nagoya caught me off guard for a minute haha!

I believe that you are thinking of Fujimori who was the president of Peru, not Brazil. Nonetheless, Sao Paulo has the largest concentration of Japanese people outside of Japan (even more than N. California).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom