• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Old King Biscuit and BBC Rock Hour shows

pennstjohn

Inactive
Inactive User
I am looking for copies of earlier King Biscuit Flower Hour and BBC Rock Hour shows that were originally sent to radio stations on reel to reel. Anyone out there with any reels and/or copies of complete shows? I am looking to add to my collection plus attempting to get a complete listing of every show that was aired. Any help and/or info would be greatly apprecaited.

John

> I am looking for copies of earlier King Biscuit Flower Hour
> and BBC Rock Hour shows that were originally sent to radio
> stations on reel to reel.

Wasn't it "King Biscuit FLOUR Hour"? If so, using "flower"
might be preventing web searches from producing usable results.
<P ID="signature">______________
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them! (if any)
--Friedrich Nietzsch</P>

> > I am looking for copies of earlier King Biscuit Flower
> Hour
> > and BBC Rock Hour shows that were originally sent to radio
>
> > stations on reel to reel.
>
>
> Wasn't it "King Biscuit FLOUR Hour"? If so, using "flower"
> might be preventing web searches from producing usable
> results.
>

No, it is Flower, not Flour.
John

Very Old King Biscuit Flour Hour programs?

> Wasn't it "King Biscuit FLOUR Hour"? If so, using "flower"
> might be preventing web searches from producing usable results.

Flour> noun A powder obtained by grinding grain, used to make breads, cakes, and pastry. Verb> sprinkle with flour. ORIGIN a specific use of FLOWER in the sense "the best part", used originally to mean "the finest quality of ground wheat.

Les, we know Vinyl copies are available on the Internet. I've never seen them on reel to reel. Do you have any of the old King Biscuit Flower Hour's left on Wire?

Re: Very Old King Biscuit Flour Hour programs?

> > Wasn't it "King Biscuit FLOUR Hour"? If so, using
> "flower"
> > might be preventing web searches from producing usable
> results.
>
> Flour> noun A powder obtained by grinding grain, used to
> make breads, cakes, and pastry. Verb> sprinkle with flour.
> ORIGIN a specific use of FLOWER in the sense "the best
> part", used originally to mean "the finest quality of ground
> wheat.
>
> Les, we know Vinyl copies are available on the Internet.
> I've never seen them on reel to reel. Do you have any of the
> old King Biscuit Flower Hour's left on Wire?
>
I've had original reels in my hands awhile back. What ones I did have, I have then archived onto cd. Shows from 1973-75 are the hardest to come by. When the program was first introduced, there were only a handful of affiliates, so the number of reels distributed were less than when the program really started hitting its stride. Also, the program was run only on the second and last Sunday of each month. Reels from 76-80 still exist and are more readily found.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom