• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

A Christmas Wish

Roger

Leading Participant
How many stations do A Christmas Wish? K104 in Poughkeepise, New York has been doing it for a long time. There are alot of letters that can make some one cry when they are being read.<P ID="signature">______________
Roger</P>

> How many stations do A Christmas Wish? K104 in Poughkeepise,
> New York has been doing it for a long time. There are alot
> of letters that can make some one cry when they are being
> read.

Then they are doing it right. After all the goal is to tug at the listeners heart and give them that "warm, fuzzy".
WBKR/Owensboro, Ky. Has been doing it for years too. They do an exceptional job in execution of the promotion.
WSTO/Evansville has been doing it for a couple of years, but they cant pull it off like WBKR. I have heard some stories (a friend used to work for them) on the mean and crude comments not to mention the jokes made by on-air, promotions AND management when they read each letter sent in by listeners. I think it carries over on air. They just dont sound like (the gift, letter)they really are "touched" by what they are reading......most of it is fake. If the listeners only knew...........
>

> > How many stations do A Christmas Wish? K104 in
> Poughkeepise,
> > New York has been doing it for a long time. There are
> alot
> > of letters that can make some one cry when they are being
> > read.
>
> Then they are doing it right. After all the goal is to tug
> at the listeners heart and give them that "warm, fuzzy".
> WBKR/Owensboro, Ky. Has been doing it for years too. They
> do an exceptional job in execution of the promotion.
> WSTO/Evansville has been doing it for a couple of years, but
> they cant pull it off like WBKR. I have heard some stories
> (a friend used to work for them) on the mean and crude
> comments not to mention the jokes made by on-air, promotions
> AND management when they read each letter sent in by
> listeners. I think it carries over on air. They just dont
> sound like (the gift, letter)they really are "touched" by
> what they are reading......most of it is fake. If the
> listeners only knew...........
> >
>

KSTZ, Star 102.5, in Des Moines does a FANTASTIC job of doing the Christmas Wish. The morning team usually does the letter and calls the person up and gets them on the phone. They also put all the audio on their website so that you can listen! It really is a Class A promotion for them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom