• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Creative Car Dealership Events

promovet

Inactive
Inactive User
Are there any events that anyone has done with a car dealership that have gone over really well and helped to boost sales and dealership traffic? Looking for something interactive, but not necessarily give a car away, maybe a year lease. Thanks in advance for any info.

> Are there any events that anyone has done with a car
> dealership that have gone over really well and helped to
> boost sales and dealership traffic? Looking for something
> interactive, but not necessarily give a car away, maybe a
> year lease. Thanks in advance for any info.
>

Free Food from a local, loved area business...along with TONS of free prizes.

> > Are there any events that anyone has done with a car
> > dealership that have gone over really well and helped to
> > boost sales and dealership traffic? Looking for something
>
> > interactive, but not necessarily give a car away, maybe a
> > year lease. Thanks in advance for any info.
> >
>
> Free Food from a local, loved area business...along with
> TONS of free prizes.

How does that drive business and sell cars? I'm looking for more of an event to gain exposure....every station does food and prizes..going for outside the box...thanks for the thought

You could try a take on the old musical chairs. When music stops, call out a VIN number of a car. The person sitting in that car will win whatever (a year lease, or free gas). This will get people sitting in the vechiles.

> You could try a take on the old musical chairs. When music
> stops, call out a VIN number of a car. The person sitting in
> that car will win whatever (a year lease, or free gas). This
> will get people sitting in the vechiles.
>

wow..i could totally use some creative car dealership promos too...we've never had a successful one! It's always like a saturday afternoon and we have like 2 people come by...it's awful...

> Are there any events that anyone has done with a car
> dealership that have gone over really well and helped to
> boost sales and dealership traffic? Looking for something
> interactive, but not necessarily give a car away, maybe a
> year lease. Thanks in advance for any info.
>

I'd actually be more interested in hearing what stations do to keep the dealership sales weasels from taking all your t-shirts & CD's and from eating any "free" food your station brought during the time you're setting up.<P ID="signature">______________
Free Lil Kim
April 29, 2005 5pm What a glorious day it was
</P>

Whatever happened to the old days when the car dealerships gave out free cherry pie for Washington's birthday? I remember as a child our parents would make a special trip for the free food. They turned it into a huge celebration with tents and balloons and all sorts of freebies. That's the problem. The car dealership's don't want to have to spend any money to get people there. They completely rely on the radio station to bring in the general public. You gotta spend money to make money. Have a big barbecue with dogs and burgers, chips and watermelon. And how about having each person pick a key out of a bin and if it starts the car of their choice, they get a free year's lease. Or try to guess the combination on a keyless entry. That would get me to visit a car dealership. Not the chance to meet the jock and win a bumper sticker.

> > You could try a take on the old musical chairs. When music
>
> > stops, call out a VIN number of a car. The person sitting
> in
> > that car will win whatever (a year lease, or free gas).
> This
> > will get people sitting in the vechiles.
> >
>
>
> wow..i could totally use some creative car dealership promos
> too...we've never had a successful one! It's always like a
> saturday afternoon and we have like 2 people come by...it's
> awful...
>

> > Are there any events that anyone has done with a car
> > dealership that have gone over really well and helped to
> > boost sales and dealership traffic? Looking for something
>
> > interactive, but not necessarily give a car away, maybe a
> > year lease. Thanks in advance for any info.
> >
>
> I'd actually be more interested in hearing what stations do
> to keep the dealership sales weasels from taking all your
> t-shirts & CD's and from eating any "free" food your station
> brought during the time you're setting up.
>
It's not hard to tell them that the prizes and food are for their customers. I guarantee if you let the GM know they won't bug you anymore...or just leave some of the leftovers with the GM and let him disperse accordingly..you have a job to do just like them and you can't give them things because it is for the customers and that is your job!!

> Whatever happened to the old days when the car dealerships
> gave out free cherry pie for Washington's birthday? I
> remember as a child our parents would make a special trip
> for the free food. They turned it into a huge celebration
> with tents and balloons and all sorts of freebies. That's
> the problem. The car dealership's don't want to have to
> spend any money to get people there. They completely rely
> on the radio station to bring in the general public. You
> gotta spend money to make money. Have a big barbecue with
> dogs and burgers, chips and watermelon. And how about
> having each person pick a key out of a bin and if it starts
> the car of their choice, they get a free year's lease. Or
> try to guess the combination on a keyless entry. That would
> get me to visit a car dealership. Not the chance to meet
> the jock and win a bumper sticker.
>
>
> > Here's a couple of ideas that have worked well...Have listeners bring a dollar bill and see if the last 4 numbers match the last 4 numbers of a VIN number on a car...if they do, the listener wins cash...start at 100 dollars or 1000 dollars and I guarantee listeners will be driven (sorry) to the come by...
Another idea is to rent a dunking booth and have listeners come by to try and dunk a local celebrity(s) or a well known jock...or even the car salesmen...evryone hates car salesmen...it's a natural to get listeners to come by...take it a step further and charge a buck a ball and give the proceeds to a charity (Red Cross maybe) and if you have celebrities involved the newspapers and TV stations are sure to follow! It's a win win!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom