• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

American top 20, only one LD?

I noticed that on the show this week, there was only one long distance dedication? Are they trying to phase that out?

It's been this way for quite some time now. Nobody seems to know exactly why. Maybe they just don't get as many letters as they used to.

> I noticed that on the show this week, there was only one
> long distance dedication? Are they trying to phase that
> out?

After years of 3 dedications per show (since 1989 and Casey's Westwood One years) they took the number down to 2 in early 2004. Later in 2004 it would vary between 1 or 2 per show. Since the start of 2005, it has been taken down to one dedication every week (save one or two American Top 10 shows that featured 2)

I always thought 3 was a bit much...especially on the 3 hour shows. 2 was OK, but I don't mind only 1 per show. I doubt they are phasing them out. Maybe they simply realized one per hour was a bit much.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom