• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"AWOL with David Paul"

ArtyBoy

Frequent Participant
Ha! Get it?! You know the old show was "OFF the Wall with David Paul." Has anyone else done that one yet? Huh?

Thanks, I'll be here all week. But don't let that stop you from returning.<P ID="signature">______________
~ArtyBoy
www.ArtHoward.com</P>

Re: \ David Paul

What ever happened to this WSB AM 750 host? He was on there in the early 1990`s in a great time slot. As I recall, he walked off the air. Wasn`t he a used car salesmen that they plucked to do the show on WSB? Someone refresh my memory. I remember hearing his "comeback" on an AM station in about 1999, but I never heard from him again. Does anyone hear have any stories or comments on David Paul?

Re: \

ArtyBoy said:
Ha! Get it?! You know the old show was "OFF the Wall with David Paul." Has anyone else done that one yet? Huh?

Thanks, I'll be here all week. But don't let that stop you from returning.<P ID="signature">______________
~ArtyBoy
www.ArtHoward.com</P>

Try the veal!

He is currently doing his thing in Cartersville, Ga every morning on WYXC. His web site is DavidPaulShow.com .

I saw him at "The Dark Knight" this weekend. He only stayed for 20 minutes then walked out.

WYXC-AM in Cartersville must have really changed alot since I moved from there several years ago. They were mostly sports talk/ESPN and did some live local talk and were VERY conservative. The guy who owned the station did the morning show and was a local Rep. political figure. Former congressman Bob Barr even had a live local talk show on WYXC, as he lives near Cartersville. WYXC-AM must have really changed to put David Paul live on the air there! Has he "walked out" mad on-the air yet there like he has done at several other stations (including WSB) over the years?

David Paul just e-mailed me and told me that he has never walked off the air at any radio station. If I was wrong, I apoligize. But, I can really recall the famous "dead air" incident at WSB and I recalled several others that I heard about. Was it all fiction? I would really like to know. I do know that about 8 or so years ago on this board, there was a LARGE thread talking about all of this. Please, I encourage others to post here and tell us their memories of David Paul and his history in Atlanta radio. I certainly wish him all of the beast. I did listen to him on WSB years ago. He was always very MAD on air! I always thought that he sounded like the late great Paul Lynde from "Hollywood Squares" fame. Has anyone else thought this? In his e-mail to me, David Paul states that the only time that he left the air live was to help his daughter who was listening to his show. Can others weigh in on this...... Thanks.

I don't remember him walking off during Dave 2.0, I do remember him being as good then as back in the WSB days with a classic Dave Paul show, funny, entertaining and he seemed in his element. I have no idea why that was just a day or two, he was as good as radio gets.
Dave Paul really shines by himself, I think pairing him up with someone else is not the best use of the talant. Someone really ought to put him back on at night on an Atlanta station.

Thanks for documenting when David Paul walked out on WGST. How about WSB? I seem to recall this happening also. I wouldn`t havee even mentioned it, if I hadn`t seen it all well documented years before. I wonder why David Paul doesn`t remember all this?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom