• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

More on WBOS

D

DWM2003

Former WXRV and WHOB program director Joanne Doody is now fulltime doing afternoon drive at WBOS.

> Former WXRV and WHOB program director Joanne Doody is now
> fulltime doing afternoon drive at WBOS.
>
the river was a nice station when she was there(still is)BOS is horrid I don't understand the music on it.I heard her last week.
Wasn't she also FNX program director or just DJ there?someone please refresh my memory.

> > Former WXRV and WHOB program director Joanne Doody is now
> > fulltime doing afternoon drive at WBOS.
> >
> the river was a nice station when she was there(still is)BOS
> is horrid I don't understand the music on it.I heard her
> last week.
> Wasn't she also FNX program director or just DJ
> there?someone please refresh my memory.
>
She was also GM of WJUL back in the late 70's

> > Former WXRV and WHOB program director Joanne Doody is now
> > fulltime doing afternoon drive at WBOS.
> >
> the river was a nice station when she was there(still is)BOS
> is horrid I don't understand the music on it.I heard her
> last week.
> Wasn't she also FNX program director or just DJ
> there?someone please refresh my memory.
>
Never programmed it She did mid days there for over a decade.

> Never programmed it She did mid days there for over a
> decade.

I've never heard her since I can't pick up The River in Providence, but that might make her a recognizable name to WBOS' audience.......however.....is there some reason why BOS doesn't take advantage of its' main asset which is George Knight? I would assume he has the most name-recognition but even if he didn't, he's clearly the biggest on-air asset. There may be other reasons why he's doing nights but he's lasted through all the changes, has been bounced around all over the station, & IMHO needs to be in a more prominent slot. I'm sure there are those who'll say it won't matter, but the fact is that he belongs on days somewhere unless you can tell me the night show on WBOS is the most important one. Hopefully if they ever go live mornings again, George will be part of the show.

Hooray for Joanne..Good news for her. Will always have
a softspot for her as she was the first PD to take a
shot with me! Best of luck JoAnne!!!<P ID="signature">______________
Grendizer GO!</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom