• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Special Interview Monday Morning on B103?

According to Bob Shannon's website, Bobby Jay, Don K. Reed, and possibly Bob Shannon will be interviewed Monday morning on B103. Is this true? If so, tell me about it, because I live in New Jersey and I can't get the station. Let me know. Thanks.<P ID="signature">______________
Kevin</P>

> According to Bob Shannon's website, Bobby Jay, Don K. Reed,
> and possibly Bob Shannon will be interviewed Monday morning
> on B103. Is this true? If so, tell me about it, because I
> live in New Jersey and I can't get the station. Let me know.
> Thanks.
>
I posted this announcement on Thursday..it's true. They are going to be interview on the morning show with Bill Wise.<P ID="signature">______________

Co/Moderator: New York,Miami,Airchecks,Classic Radio and Where Are They Now?</P>

> > According to Bob Shannon's website, Bobby Jay, Don K.
> Reed,
> > and possibly Bob Shannon will be interviewed Monday
> morning
> > on B103. Is this true? If so, tell me about it, because I
> > live in New Jersey and I can't get the station. Let me
> know.
> > Thanks.
> >
> I posted this announcement on Thursday..it's true. They are
> going to be interview on the morning show with Bill Wise.
>

Matt, if you are in the listening area of B103, please let me know how the interview went. Thanks.<P ID="signature">______________
Kevin</P>

Don K. Reed & Local Oldies Shows!

Lenny Coco is also going to have Don K. Reed on as an In-Studio guest on Saturday June 25th. You can Catch Lenny's show every Saturday from 1pm to 3pm on AM 1440 WNYG. He plays Oldies from the 50's and 60's. Yes, it is THE Lenny Coco from Lenny and the Chimes. In fact his show is called Lenny Coco's Chime Time. Saturdays 1pm-3pm on 1440 WNYG.

Also, on the subject of Oldies shows, let me promote the fact that our former moderator Mike Erickson does a very nice oldies program every Tuesday night on WSHR 91.9 FM, and can be heard Tuesday nights from 8pm to 11pm. Mike features music from the 50's 60's and 70's.

Then there is our ol' friend Mickey B. who is still doing Mickey B's Jukebox review every Friday night on AM 1240 WGBB. Mickey B can be heard every friday night from 7pm to 10pm.

If anyone knows of any other local Oldies radio shows that air locally, please share and let us know!

> According to Bob Shannon's website, Bobby Jay, Don K. Reed,
> and possibly Bob Shannon will be interviewed Monday morning
> on B103. Is this true? If so, tell me about it, because I
> live in New Jersey and I can't get the station. Let me know.
> Thanks.
>

Re: Don K. Reed & Local Oldies Shows!

> If anyone knows of any other local Oldies radio shows that
> air locally, please share and let us know!
>
Keeping with the local non-commercial stations, WUSB 90.1 FM airs the Rock N' Roll Dance Party each Tuesday evening from 9 until midnight, Shades of Blue on Sunday mornings from 7 to 9 am, and Soul Nuggets on Tuesdays from 1:30 to 2:30 PM.

Re: Don K. Reed & Local Oldies Shows!

> > If anyone knows of any other local Oldies radio shows that
>
> > air locally, please share and let us know!
> >
> Keeping with the local non-commercial stations, WUSB 90.1 FM
> airs the Rock N' Roll Dance Party each Tuesday evening from
> 9 until midnight, Shades of Blue on Sunday mornings from 7
> to 9 am, and Soul Nuggets on Tuesdays from 1:30 to 2:30 PM.
>

Also, a station out of North NJ called "Oldies 1360" streams online. It is a great station. They play lots of music from the 50s, 60s, and 70s! A great station! There are doo wop shows, a segment of time weekdays called "Elvis's Corner", "In the Garage" (this show plays garage band music of the 60s) and lots of great syndicated shows on weekend. oldies1360.com is the website. If you want to listen, you do have to become a Gold Club member, but it is worth it.<P ID="signature">______________
Kevin</P>

> > > According to Bob Shannon's website, Bobby Jay, Don K.
> > Reed,
> > > and possibly Bob Shannon will be interviewed Monday
> > morning
> > > on B103. Is this true? If so, tell me about it, because
> I
> > > live in New Jersey and I can't get the station. Let me
> > know.
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > I posted this announcement on Thursday..it's true. They
> are
> > going to be interview on the morning show with Bill Wise.
> >
>
> Matt, if you are in the listening area of B103, please let
> me know how the interview went. Thanks.
>
I'll be recording the entire show from 6-10AM. If anyone wants a copy..let me know. Matt<P ID="signature">______________

Co/Moderator: New York,Miami,Airchecks,Classic Radio and Where Are They Now?</P>

Got to listen to excerpts of the interview on B103's website. It was great to hear those greatr voices from CBS-FM. On a side note, I have not heard Frank Brinka on the air in a long time (I live in Atlanta now). He was VERY funny! He hired me at WALK 18 yrs ago, and he was funnier off the air than on with Bob Klien. Nice to see he's able to truly be himself on the air!<P ID="signature">______________
Drive carefully and have a nice day!</P>

Re: Other Oldies Shows On LI Radio

Sunday Nights from 8PM to 9PM, there's "The Sock Hop" with Steve Dassa on 90.3FM (WHPC).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom