• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KIOL 103.7 signal problems?

radioloon

Inactive
Inactive User
I am in the Clear Lake area and the signal just crapped out...getting what sounds like interference...is it just that, or are others hearing it too?

I think the signal blows almost, but not as bad as, when it was on 97.5

> I am in the Clear Lake area and the signal just crapped
> out...getting what sounds like interference...is it just
> that, or are others hearing it too?
>

> I think the signal blows almost, but not as bad as, when it
> was on 97.5
>
> > I am in the Clear Lake area and the signal just crapped
> > out...getting what sounds like interference...is it just
> > that, or are others hearing it too?
> >

The transmitter was dropping off the air several times today...especially during W&J this morning....with WJ not listening to the on air audio (because of delay in the HD processing), they never stopped talking, etc....(but then they cant...since they are also on in other markets!)...

Heard it drop again this afternoon......something is not right at the tower!

> > I think the signal blows almost, but not as bad as, when
> it
> > was on 97.5
> >
> > > I am in the Clear Lake area and the signal just crapped
> > > out...getting what sounds like interference...is it just
>
> > > that, or are others hearing it too?
> > >
>
> The transmitter was dropping off the air several times
> today...especially during W&J this morning....with WJ not
> listening to the on air audio (because of delay in the HD
> processing), they never stopped talking, etc....(but then
> they cant...since they are also on in other markets!)...
>
> Heard it drop again this afternoon......something is not
> right at the tower!
>

I hear the inteference periodically in Beaumont as well, and I think I am closer to the transmitter than many of you are. I still think the left and right channels are reversed from normal...but it could be my overactive imagination.

> >
> > The transmitter was dropping off the air several times
> > today...especially during W&J this morning....with WJ not
> > listening to the on air audio (because of delay in the HD
> > processing), they never stopped talking, etc....(but then
> > they cant...since they are also on in other markets!)...
> >
> > Heard it drop again this afternoon......something is not
> > right at the tower!
> >
>
> I hear the inteference periodically in Beaumont as well, and
> I think I am closer to the transmitter than many of you are.
> I still think the left and right channels are reversed from
> normal...but it could be my overactive imagination.
>
The transmitter was dropping out on a regular basis Thursday afternoon, although I never heard it off more than a few seconds. KIOL has two Engineers on site permanently, so I'm sure they were aware of the problem. It is not very common for a station to have anyone at the transmitter site on a permanent basis, much less two. I think Cumulus will do everything they can legally with the signal.

Driving around today I did notice a very slight signal fade a few places on the west side past the Beltway. I really didn't notice that much because I never lost the signal and the duration was short. Then I remembered it was how the LA snd San Diego stations were once you got outside of the city. Doing a lot of driving in North County San Diego I got so use to the slight fades in the mountains, especially going around curves or dipping down into one of the canyons that I didn't even notice after a while.

KIOL seems to have a good signal at my home again, no messing with the antenna to get a good signal. In fact I'm actually getting a better signal with the antenna only about 1/4 extended.

Mike O

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom