• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

An Idea for 97X

P

PassDutch

How 'bout move modern rock 97X to the killer 101.5 signal, and launch an adult hits station on 97.1 as "Sonny 97-1" (ala WMMO), still with the WSUN-FM calls? And 101.5 should be known as 101X, with new calls.

And CC should launch an adult hits station in Sarasota with 97.1 only being heard in Tampa. Maybe 106.5 could do it if 106.5 considers its decline, thanks to US103-5.

Basically, 105-9 The Buzz is the only current-based rocker in Sarasota.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by PassDutch on 06/09/05 03:14 AM.</FONT></P>

Re: An Idea for Passdutch

How about you lay off your Jack crusading posts for a while.
Many of us have been for the idea of 97 X getting a better signal, but we've been saying it long before anything remotely associated with Jack.
The Jack format is more then likely going to be coming to a bunch of other markets, but I'm not sure if Tampa will be one of them.

Amen brother.

> How about you lay off your Jack crusading posts for a while.

Jack = Unemployed jocks. In my opinion, as a listener, jocks are 1/2 the station. Music, obviously being the other 1/2. I just can't and won't listen to a station where it song after song with no personalities. I think the "play anything format" is cool but not at the expense of the jocks and basically a jukebox station. If I want to listen to a jukebox, I will walk across the room and turn mine on or I'll put in a CD or I'll put on my MP3s. To be honest, I listen to the radio the most at home.

Point being, just say no to Jack. Listeners vote with their preset buttons (if that makes any sense).

> Amen brother.
>
> > How about you lay off your Jack crusading posts for a
> while.
>

Jocks on... Jack off

Let's keep The jocks on the air, and leave the Jack format on the MP3 player. That's what the shuffle function is for. Live interaction with a real human being is something that just can't be done by a computer. They may be able to teach a machine to do many jobs, but they don't have personalities, and never will. Until a machine can take live callers on the air and interact with them, Jack is not welcome on my preset buttons. Besides... as long as I have callers to interact with on my show, I should be able to draw a paycheck. That's one niche in broadcasting that Jack will never be able to take away from me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom