• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sam Malone

• Thread starter theradioguy2004
  • Start date
T

theradioguy2004

Isn’t Sam Malone suppose to be returning to the air. If so were and when. I am also wondering if he is able to make any money now while waiting or does he have to just sit around and collect some kind of payment arrangement or even worse get unemployment

> Isn’t Sam Malone suppose to be returning to the air. If so
> were and when. I am also wondering if he is able to make
> any money now while waiting or does he have to just sit
> around and collect some kind of payment arrangement or even
> worse get unemployment
>

I believe he was under a non-compete clause from Seshquana (if i even spelled that right). How long it was for, I have no idea. 3 or 6 mo. probably. He was doing absolutly horrible spots on Channel 2 News in the mornings for a little while. They were such a joke, that's probably why they are not on anymore. I believe he resigned so he cannot file for unemployment. Also I doubt that he can still be payed upon a resignation unless he was under contract and sorted it out.

Susquehanna.

Rye

> > Isn’t Sam Malone suppose to be returning to the air. If so
>
> > were and when. I am also wondering if he is able to make
> > any money now while waiting or does he have to just sit
> > around and collect some kind of payment arrangement or
> even
> > worse get unemployment
> >
>
> I believe he was under a non-compete clause from Seshquana
> (if i even spelled that right). How long it was for, I have
> no idea. 3 or 6 mo. probably. He was doing absolutly
> horrible spots on Channel 2 News in the mornings for a
> little while. They were such a joke, that's probably why
> they are not on anymore. I believe he resigned so he cannot
> file for unemployment. Also I doubt that he can still be
> payed upon a resignation unless he was under contract and
> sorted it out.
>

> > Isn’t Sam Malone suppose to be returning to the air. If so
>
> > were and when. I am also wondering if he is able to make
> > any money now while waiting or does he have to just sit
> > around and collect some kind of payment arrangement or
> even
> > worse get unemployment
> >
>
> I believe he was under a non-compete clause from Seshquana
> (if i even spelled that right). How long it was for, I have
> no idea. 3 or 6 mo. probably. He was doing absolutly
> horrible spots on Channel 2 News in the mornings for a
> little while. They were such a joke, that's probably why
> they are not on anymore. I believe he resigned so he cannot
> file for unemployment. Also I doubt that he can still be
> payed upon a resignation unless he was under contract and
> sorted it out.
>
it was 6 months. look for the return for Fall books.
I think his Ch 2 spots were simliar to Jonathan Walton's Ch. 11 morning bits.<P ID="signature">______________

"I'll see you Left of the Dial!"</P>

Wouldn't you think that Sam is getting paid by Clear Channel for six months even though he isn't on the air? I am sure that Clear Channel and Sam weren't planning on "THE HOMELESS GUY RADIO SHOW" to premiere on KTRH after Sam's house got foreclosed on. I would think that the show oughta to be pretty damn good given the time Sam has to work on the concept, write and produce program segments and inserts, line up guests, plan special events and programs, record backup programming, etc.

I agree. He has plenty of time to prepare for his debut. He's a pro. If he has done his homework, he will be on with a splash. I am looking forward to hearing Sam.

Here we are 16 years ago, on the subject of Sam Malone in the midst of other topics that was being discussed here. Since that time, Sam went to KHMX and KTRH. He moved to KSEV and in 2013, he began his show on KNTH on it's longest format since the country days of KENR. KNTH is headed toward 17 years coming this November in it's newstalk format. Since that time, two newstalk stations have come on gone. That would be KFNC (FM NEWSCHANNEL 97.5) and KROI (NEWS 92.1.) When News 92 met it's demise of it's revolving formats, JP Pritchard joined us along with Tom Fontaine, formerly of KILT. One misnomer needs to be corrected. Sam's house was never foreclosed upon; that did not happen. Now, let's get back to the all important discussion of translators.

The effervescent Sam Malone is still loud and proud on KNTH weekdays from 7-10am and sometimes fills in for the Mike Gallagher national broadcast until noon. The "other" Sam Malone was the bartender on the 1980s TV comedy Cheers as played by Ted Danson.

The effervescent Sam Malone is still loud and proud on KNTH weekdays from 7-10am and sometimes fills in for the Mike Gallagher national broadcast until noon. The "other" Sam Malone was the bartender on the 1980s TV comedy Cheers as played by Ted Danson.
Yes, on the week of June 28, Sam will be filling in nationally again on the Mike Gallagher Show.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom