• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Up and Down the radio dial.......

What is wrong with FM radio in san francisco, I think we are not living up to our market#'s, Let's see 107.7 the bone with L&T and Sully, the only real morning show now in the bay area. Live 105 would and will be nothing without Howard Stern and Ally and Loveline. Star 101.3 needs a total makeover, Wild 94.9 needs a new morning show badly, 95.7 should have stayed country, now it's whatever we want!!:), too many spanish stations, alice has outlived it's stay, KFOG is just OK, KFRC is only good for the oakland a's, 92.7 has no energy, they had one cool afternoon drive guy and he split for greener pasture, a college station is the only CHR in the bay area???? When did bay area radio start to fall apart???? and don't get me started on san jose radio, even though they are in a different market altogether. somebody please bring back the days of great radio!!!! I'll help put up "LOST" posters all over the bay area, as we seem to be LOST in a series of bad audio entertainment.

In addition to the lost posters, why hasn't anyone ever proposed a demonstation in front of a station?

because the formats change so quickly???? no, wait, it's because every station is on RCS digital automation or Prophet systems, and nobody is LIVE anymore!!!!:)

> What is wrong with FM radio in san francisco, I think we are
> not living up to our market#'s, Let's see 107.7 the bone
> with L&T and Sully, the only real morning show now in the
> bay area. Live 105 would and will be nothing without Howard
> Stern and Ally and Loveline. Star 101.3 needs a total
> makeover, Wild 94.9 needs a new morning show badly, 95.7
> should have stayed country, now it's whatever we want!!:),
> too many spanish stations, alice has outlived it's stay,
> KFOG is just OK, KFRC is only good for the oakland a's, 92.7
> has no energy, they had one cool afternoon drive guy and he
> split for greener pasture, a college station is the only CHR
> in the bay area???? When did bay area radio start to fall
> apart???? and don't get me started on san jose radio, even
> though they are in a different market altogether. somebody
> please bring back the days of great radio!!!! I'll help put
> up "LOST" posters all over the bay area, as we seem to be
> LOST in a series of bad audio entertainment.
>
The answer is two words. CORPORATE RADIO. Before the Communications Act of 96, before the duopoly rules, SF radio was some of the best on the planet.
Spots were written better and produced better than in other cities.
SF drew great talent who wanted to live in the Bay Area, not just use it as a stepping stone to a TV career. It used to be cutting edge. Now it just sounds like every other city... Sad isn't it? Of course it doesn't have to be that way, but what can you do about the people running the business into the ground.
They're just too powerful...

> In addition to the lost posters, why hasn't anyone ever
> proposed a demonstation in front of a station?
>

Hey Jaycifer, go ahead and organize. I will be there. Hope others will as well.

> The answer is two words. CORPORATE RADIO.

You hit it square on the nose. Deregulation killed the little guys. Before, the fight to be #1 was exciting. I remember when Wild 107 and 106 KMEL would sling so much stuff at each other and try to outdo each other. Then when ratings would come out, the war would escalate. Now that they are owned by the same company, there is no competition, no excitment.

Remember when Emmis' X-100 had KMEL being on the ball and fighting off the competition? Competition makes the others strive to sound and be better. But when one company owns so many others, they let their guard down and just get by. On the radio, where else will the listener turn? To another company owned station. A sad situation.

Cookie Cutter radio. Some suit says, "Hey this works in Phoenix! Let's do the same in SF." etc., etc.

Now SF Radio has so much Syndicated and/or Voice Tracked 'personalities'!

Call it what you want, Vanilla Radio, Safe Radio, Corporate Radio, the output is the same .... ZZZZzzzzzzz

>

It's been this way since I moved to the Bay Area since 1990. When people like Terry McGovern made a morning show career doing Elvis inpersonations....I knew something was going down.

> > In addition to the lost posters, why hasn't anyone ever
> > proposed a demonstation in front of a station?
> >
>
> Hey Jaycifer, go ahead and organize. I will be there. Hope
> others will as well.
>
Thats one thing San Francisco does best, protest.........

> > > In addition to the lost posters, why hasn't anyone ever
> > > proposed a demonstation in front of a station?
> > >
> >
> > Hey Jaycifer, go ahead and organize. I will be there. Hope
>
> > others will as well.
> >
> Thats one thing San Francisco does best, protest.........
>

cops .. and the promo guys would toss s**t at you from above... trust me, we did it in another market when we got a protest.

>

you make a few good points, and i'll print up lost posters on company time if you want... anyways.. points about this
1: live would make it because of the rocker hs kids, always... indie/alt rock needs a home in the bay for sure, with howard gone it will help live because they can expand to a loval morning show, if they dont its the crapper with them (i feel)
2:kfog lost a lot when alice came around (i feel), but they need to work on the street level more, i NEVER seeee them around.. and im in the city all the time.
3:Star is doing its thing, dont know what is going to happen if don leaves, but they will be around.. i feel its a solid station and street pressence, lots of office love with star.
4:wild needs a morning show... stay tuned on that matter...
5:92.7 needs.... umm.... people who like 24/7 techno... and they dont listen to radio i guess... they should of stayed the BEAT and played hip/hop only.. would of made more of a mark/money
6:like i said earlier, f**K maxx... we need a country station becuase the bay has lots of girls...

on that note.. i'm going to the movies

> 6:like i said earlier, f**K maxx...

Yes, and if you say it again, like you did in one post that I deleted earlier, you're going to get sanctions.

It is perfectly all right for you to criticize a station, but you WILL maintain some decorum. OK?
<P ID="signature">______________
</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom