• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The John Tesh radio hour......

Geeez, I thought I was tuning into KOIT!!!:) Star has really done it this time, I mean I would rather listen to Don Bleu in the morning, wait, did I just say that outloud???? Dull and boring morning drive, NOW dull and boring evenings!! What a great way to keep listeners and generate revenue??? Are they smoking crack over at 340 townsend???? star1013fm.com states that his show is heard by 8 million people every week!!! WTF, you'd have to sadate me to listen that long!!!! He should have sticked with Entertainment Tonight!!! Lara Scott & Sylvia Chacon are the only people keeping this station afloat.:)

K101 has give facts as to why they air this show. All you have given us is you hate it.

Perhaps if you were to give a logical decision instead of emotions on your part, people would be more inclined to listen to you. "Are they smoking crack" is not an argument.

> K101 has give facts as to why they air this show. All you
> have given us is you hate it.
>
> Perhaps if you were to give a logical decision instead of
> emotions on your part, people would be more inclined to
> listen to you. "Are they smoking crack" is not an argument.
>

Finally someone has something intelligent to say.Thank You Hitliner for the insight.

And someone earlier made a post about there not being enough people WITHIN the industry posting here. That does seem to be true.

Alright, enuf bashing, BUT, you've got to agree with me, anymore crap like this and alot more people are going to be buying sat. radio, it's just a matter of time, I know I have, c'mon get sirius!!!!:)

And whom died and left you the ultimate word on "crap"?

He is syndicated in over 200 stations...pulls ratings...and is marketable.

You, on the other hand, continue to give no facts as to why he is ruining the industry.

You obviously are not in this industry.

Easy there partner, I am just saying he is ruining STAR 101.3, I have never really liked this station, even when it was K101, I mean they used to have ryan seacrest, do they have any idea how bad they are sounding??? If they get their heads out of there asses.:)

I would disagree with you only1deejayman.... I've listened to the show, and in my humble opinion, it ain't bad. Actually, I find some of his stuff pretty interesting.

Tesh has done very well in quite a few markets, and I know that in Hartford, he's on the Rock AC (WHCN/FM) believe it or not, and he kicks ass ratings-wise there. Same thing in a lot of other places.

By your username, I'd asume that you're not a 34 year old female, and thereby not necessarily Tesh's core demo.... if you don't like the show, I'm sure he wouldn't care, you're not his target.

You can like him, or hate him, but either way, the dude has been scoring QUANTIFIABLE ratings, and thats what the end-game of this is all about. I'm sure thats ALSO why K101 decided to put him on.

> Alright, enuf bashing, BUT, you've got to agree with me,
> anymore crap like this and alot more people are going to be
> buying sat. radio, it's just a matter of time, I know I
> have, c'mon get sirius!!!!:)
>

Well..I bet K101 management is so glad to have you here to guide them. With the expertise you have demonstrated with your "intelligent" posts, you obviously have amazing industry experience.

Thank god there are a few real industry pros around here.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by hitliner on 06/05/05 03:04 AM.</FONT></P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom