• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jack on 101...So where does this leave K-Rock??

What About A Jill? What About Facts?

> In your consideration of formats, have you given Jill
> consideration? Jill is on in LA and it is a Jack format
> made for women.

Not really. Jill is on a trimulcast of rimshot class A stations. I live in the San Fernando Valley, less than 15 miles from their closest transmitter (Thousand Oaks, in the eastern part of adjacent Ventura County), with no reception of it whatsoever.

One of my regulars on the Los Angeles board reports he can get the Orange County signal in mono, fuzzy, in Culver City (somewhat to the west of downtown Los Angeles, near the coast). The third signal is far to the east, in the San Bernardino/Riverside area, but I have no knowledge of whether it has a decent signal over the rated area of that market.

Street buzz is that the stations are up for sale anyway; if so, this is just a cheap way to run them until they find a buyer.

<P ID="signature">______________
</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom