• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Infinity managers checkin' out...

radiovet64

Inactive
Inactive User
What gives? First Scott Sutherland, then Todd Wallace, Jose and now Nat Galvin. We obviously know that Mr. Wallace was asked to leave, but what's up with others? Do they know something that we don't? Who will be next? What's going on at Infinity Phoenix? <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by radiovet64 on 06/03/05 04:15 PM.</FONT></P>

Yeah, um, Bonneville has traded Infinity for some stations in another market. There will be no more Infinity in Phoenix soon...<P ID="signature">______________
"The time you hate to walk away... becomes the time that you regret you
walked away"
</P>

> Yeah, um, Bonneville has traded Infinity for some stations
> in another market. There will be no more Infinity in Phoenix
> soon...
>
If you are refering to the rumored swap of three of Bonneville's stations in St Louis for the three Infinity properties here, its *still* just a rumor.

Consider that one thing that could hang up that deal is the format of KZON. Bonneville passed on picking up Power92 from Emmis becuase they were not comfortable with that format. Likewise the music and presentation of KZON would be an ackward fit with their corporate ethos.(unless they blew up the station and simulcasted as KTAR-FM or KMVP-FM) OR (inserting conspiracy theory here) They make that swap and then immediately spin KZON over to Emmis (where it would team nicely with Power92)

It would be in Bonneville's favor to have some more signals in Phx given the PBP commitments they have looking this fall (Overlap of Cardinals, Diamondbacks, Suns and ASU Football seasons- oh, the Mercury too)

-30-

> What gives? First Scott Sutherland, then Todd Wallace, Jose
> and now Nat Galvin. We obviously know that Mr. Wallace was
> asked to leave, but what's up with others? Do they know
> something that we don't? Who will be next? What's going on
> at Infinity Phoenix?
>

What did Scott Sutherland and Jose do?

> Consider that one thing that could hang up that deal is the
> format of KZON. Bonneville passed on picking up Power92 from
> Emmis becuase they were not comfortable with that format.
> Likewise the music and presentation of KZON would be an
> ackward fit with their corporate ethos.(unless they blew up
> the station and simulcasted as KTAR-FM or KMVP-FM) OR
> (inserting conspiracy theory here) They make that swap and
> then immediately spin KZON over to Emmis (where it would
> team nicely with Power92)

Didn't Bonneville own alternative KDGE in Dallas/Fort Worth when it was at 94.5 FM? I know "alternative" music was not as hard back then and that station didn't have Howard Stern, but they did keep the format. But as I said, the format has evolved into something harder since their ownership of KDGE.

>Didn't Bonneville own alternative KDGE in Dallas/Fort Worth when it was at 94.5 FM?

i don't think so, but if they did, it was only for a minute as bonneville doesn't really do alternative radio either. there was a lot of selling/swapping going on at that time with "the edge" in dallas, i lost track, and now it's on a different signal than when it started.<P ID="signature">______________
"...on a scale of 1 to 10, I give her a 2 - that's only because I've NEVER seen a 1."</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom