• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Live 105-3 with a 2.3?

T

TironeShoes

I know Russ is doing fine...but where did all the numbers go? <P ID="signature">______________
WG</P>

> I know Russ is doing fine...but where did all the numbers
> go?
>

Wait til the next set are out... This happens from time to time due to the complete inaccuracy of the Arbitron system. Every show on every station has experienced a low drop or a high jump, only to have the ratings level back out in the next set of numbers.

I find it increasingly humorous that when this happens to the RMS, it immediately spells out "THE END IS NEAR" to any and all who despise Mr. Martin... Others, though, who can appreciate that a local guy is doing well for himself by being local, see it as what it is: a fluke.<P ID="signature">______________
"Right you are, Ken."</P>

> > I know Russ is doing fine...but where did all the numbers
> > go?
> >
>
>
> Wait til the next set are out... This happens from time to
> time due to the complete inaccuracy of the Arbitron system.
> Every show on every station has experienced a low drop or a
> high jump, only to have the ratings level back out in the
> next set of numbers.
>
> I find it increasingly humorous that when this happens to
> the RMS, it immediately spells out "THE END IS NEAR" to any
> and all who despise Mr. Martin... Others, though, who can
> appreciate that a local guy is doing well for himself by
> being local, see it as what it is: a fluke.
>
naw its not a arbitron inaccuray, what ya expect? no one wants to listen to talk on fm<P ID="signature">______________
xxnate_doggxx (at) myway (dot) com
</P>

>
> naw its not a arbitron inaccuray, what ya expect? no one
> wants to listen to talk on fm
>

Well, perhaps if they would listen to talk more, they would learn at least a little grammar and/or punctuation, hmmm?

Please, if you are going to argue, at least do me the honor that edwardrmurrow does and have facts, details, and intelligence to argue with.<P ID="signature">______________

Clearly, there can be only one reason: You move David Henry there as GM one week, the next week the ratings go down the tube! HA! Carpenter is usually the last stop on the Infinity bus route to the unemployment line...

> I know Russ is doing fine...but where did all the numbers
> go?
>

> >
> > naw its not a arbitron inaccuray, what ya expect? no one
> > wants to listen to talk on fm
> >
>
>
> Well, perhaps if they would listen to talk more, they would
> learn at least a little grammar and/or punctuation, hmmm?
>
> Please, if you are going to argue, at least do me the honor
> that edwardrmurrow does and have facts, details, and
> intelligence to argue with.
>
Stern and RMS are probably the only things keeping KLLI afloat right now. P&K frankly stink, Leykis has his tired "I hate needy single moms" schtick and Lovelines does it own thing. I give ya five bucks the frequency goes music after jan of 2006.

Re: Uh-uh

> Stern and RMS are probably the only things keeping KLLI
> afloat right now. P&K frankly stink, Leykis has his tired "I
> hate needy single moms" schtick and Lovelines does it own
> thing. I give ya five bucks the frequency goes music after
> jan of 2006.

With apologies to Charlie Daniels, "I'll take your bet and you're gonna regret..."

Can't go that. Russ isn't going anywhere, and when Stern goes to satellite there'll still be plenty of hot talk practitioners out there, so Live 105 will find something to slide into the schedule. Of course P&K are as bad as ever and showing them the door would be the right move, but don't look for music on KLLI.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by jldard on 06/02/05 06:22 PM.</FONT></P>

> > Stern and RMS are probably the only things keeping KLLI
> > afloat right now. P&K frankly stink, Leykis has his tired
> "I
> > hate needy single moms" schtick and Lovelines does it own
> > thing. I give ya five bucks the frequency goes music after
>
> > jan of 2006.
>
> With apologies to Charlie Daniels, "I'll take your bet and
> you're gonna regret..."
>
> Can't go that. Russ isn't going anywhere, and when Stern
> goes to satellite there'll still be plenty of hot talk
> practitioners out there, so Live 105 will find something to
> slide into the schedule. Of course P&K are as bad as ever
> and showing them the door would be the right move, but don't
> look for music on KLLI.

>
I'd have to go with jldard on this one. At least to a point.
A lot have people have said that Slambang, many times, over several years.
And, like you, they were wrong.
That station could survive simply on the revenue that Russ brings in.
His show alone bills more than most stations do. (Yes, I have a friend in Infinity sales).

And, as for P&K, everyone hates them except the advertisers. They don't cost the station much in payroll, yet they bill a considerable amount. More than enough to keep their jobs. And, they are the only show on the station that will do remotes. Russ hates them. Won't do them. Which leaves Pugs & Kelly to do them all. Jesus, just listen to how they suck up to the advertisers. The clients LOVE that crap.
Could Gavin find a better show? Sure he could.
Could Gavin find a better show, cheaper, that appeals to the advertisers?
Not easily.
While firing P&K would be a move those of us out of work or soon to be out of work might rejoice in. I doubt it will happen. It's just not financially prudent. Wait until they start demanding more than they are worth around contract time. Then it will be "phoooot", like a fart in the wind, they'll be gone.

> Could Gavin find a better show? Sure he could.
> Could Gavin find a better show, cheaper, that appeals to the
> advertisers?
> Not easily.

Wait... so it's margins over product quality these days in radio land? Ok, got it. That certainly explains things.

>
> Wait... so it's margins over product quality these days in
> radio land? Ok, got it. That certainly explains things.
>

Well, yeah... where you been? ;)

It's been that way since DeReg.<P ID="signature">______________

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom