• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sublime on KISS

Just tossing this one out, but I was surprised to hear Matty play Santeria by Sublime one morning this week & I swear I heard What I Got over the past week or so. Love the group, but aren't they an odd choice for a CHR station? I've always associated them with either rock or triple-A. I kind of got away from CHR radio in the early 90s other than sampling some stations to see what's going on with the format, but never really thought of the group as getting a lot of CHR airplay.

> Just tossing this one out, but I was surprised to hear Matty
> play Santeria by Sublime one morning this week & I swear I
> heard What I Got over the past week or so. Love the group,
> but aren't they an odd choice for a CHR station? I've always
> associated them with either rock or triple-A. I kind of got
> away from CHR radio in the early 90s other than sampling
> some stations to see what's going on with the format, but
> never really thought of the group as getting a lot of CHR
> airplay.
>

"What I got" is a good heritage song, got lots of airplay on CHR's all over the country in the late 90's and still has a strong presence on many Hot AC playlists today. Kiss108 has had a good Hot AC lean for last decade or so, and I don't find it unusual that they played that. Fits the demo just fine...

> "What I got" is a good heritage song, got lots of airplay on
> CHR's all over the country in the late 90's and still has a
> strong presence on many Hot AC playlists today. Kiss108 has
> had a good Hot AC lean for last decade or so, and I don't
> find it unusual that they played that. Fits the demo just
> fine...

OK for CHR. Depends on the image of the hot ac. OK for Mix & I'd expect to hear both on Mike but lyric content could prevent either song from getting airplay on any ac going for the soccer moms. I have no problem with either song but one has some violent content & the other has an edit that leaves nothing to the imagination. Musically though both are easy to take.

> Just tossing this one out, but I was surprised to hear Matty
> play Santeria by Sublime one morning this week & I swear I
> heard What I Got over the past week or so. Love the group,
> but aren't they an odd choice for a CHR station? I've always
> associated them with either rock or triple-A. I kind of got
> away from CHR radio in the early 90s other than sampling
> some stations to see what's going on with the format, but
> never really thought of the group as getting a lot of CHR
> airplay.
>
Yeah ive heard "what I got" a few times Romeo and Dierdre have playe dit, it threw me off a bit too. It seems to fit sonically but it was never played n chr, hot ac/modern ac played it a little but not chr.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom