• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fox News radio launches today

Re: Fox News - there's at least one spot

OA--
CC stations still have to clear inventory for FOX News. Because of the cash payment it is VERY limited. I don't know the amount but that's what I had heard.

> > If you think about it, Fox CAN have a one minute spot on
> CC
> > stations and not effect less is more. If the affiliate
> > carried CBS or ABC, they had to be clearing at least one
> > minute of network spots from the TOH cast anyway (unless
> > they had one heckuva contract), and that went toward the
> LiM
> > total.
>
> Question - where did you hear the FNR 5 minute cast?
>
> I was under the impression, from the announcement
> originally, that the CC stations would literally be carrying
> NO inventory attached to the FNR casts. That leads me to
> believe that FNR WILL be making a 5 minute-no-spot cast for
> the CC stations. How they're gonna do it and still feed a
> minute spot to other stations is beyond me. Maybe they'll
> put a minute of throwaway headlines in that :02-:03 slot.
>
> The CC folks made a big deal about the all-cash thing, and
> I'm pretty sure there's no spot inventory at least with CC
> and FNR. The phrase "all-cash" was used throughout news
> about this pairing.
>
> -OA
>

> OA--
> CC stations still have to clear inventory for FOX News.
> Because of the cash payment it is VERY limited. I don't
> know the amount but that's what I had heard.

Thanks!

At least some of the news accounts at the time used the phrase "all-cash", leading to the assumption that there'd be no inventory.

If the new 5-minute FNR casts do include the spot at :02, that makes sense, I guess...for example, it's a 30 second an hour reduction from ABC Info (1:30 of spots), and FNR won't be asking for any of the other spot load ABC requires.

For example, ABC affiliates are generally required to run spot load attached to such things as the hourly sports update, even if they don't carry the content. If I remember right, they also require the station to clear spots attached to stuff like business reports and "Reporter's Notebook", the feature which was once known as Peter Jennings' Journal.

-OA

> Question - where did you hear the FNR 5 minute cast?

The station I work for carries the full five minutes nights, overnights, and weekends. During the days, we use the tone out of the :03 spot to fire off our local news updates.

Shh. Don't tell anyone. <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by mightynine on 06/06/05 01:49 AM.</FONT></P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom