• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

new four bay antenna in vineland

O

oasisrulz

Just passing the two rickety 1240 towers on route 55, I noticed the old 6 bay for WMVB-F is gone and replaced with a new four bay on the same tower (the one closest to 55) is this a new FM signal or 97.3's new backup...

I'm not sure what you are looking at ... 1270 WMIZ/92.1 WVLT has one tall and one short tower,
so probably not that. Sounds like the old 1440/97.3 WMVB AM/FM site, but I don't know who
that antenna belongs to. The 97.3 WENJ-FM backup site is at the Taj Mahal.

It's a low power emergency backup that can work on any frequency
with a single bay broadband antenna. 1000 watt transmitter yields
440 watts ERP at 430 feet. Covers about 30 miles to car radios.
Licensed for WFPG - WPUR - WENJ-FM and WSJO.

WMGM also got a STA (Special Temporary Authorization) to use
it when their site burned down.

I listened to it when SoJO was on it last week, and it's pretty decent,
someone could bill lots of money if that was all they had.

Sam Lit said:
It's not 1240. It's 1270 WMIZ. 1240/WSNJ's tower is in Bridgeton, and it's a single self supporter.

I know the WMIZ really short tower next to WVLT's, which is 5 miles north of the route 47 exit on 55, its not that one....and I visited WSNJ's beautiful oldtime studios with the magnificant stand alone tower and the four bay antenna at the very top, with the engineers like new cream colored rambler parked outside, this was around 1988...not that either....this is WMVB's 1440 (I put down the wrong frequency 1240 sorry bout that), two tower array, about two miles south of the route 47 exit of 55. You can see the two towers very good from 55. There used to be an old 6 bay antenna on the tower closest to 55, it was probably when WMVB-FM went to 50kw years back and before they moved the xmtr to Corbin City. The old 6 bay is gone and a brand new 4 bay is mounted 3/4 up from the top, go check it out...

There is nothing licensed on the FM band on that tower, the only thing in the
FCC FM Database on the tower is a "used" record for WENJ-FM. When was
the last time you saw the 6 bay ? I looked at pictures on maps.live.com and
DO see a six baym but of course those satellite pix can be a few years old.
Interesting.

oasisrulz said:
I know the WMIZ really short tower next to WVLT's, which is 5 miles north of the route 47 exit on 55, its not that one.

103.3 W277BA/Millville is on one of the WMVB towers (they both show the same tower registration number). It looks like it's either going to be, or just increased to, 19 watts (up from 1 watt). Not sure why they need a 4-bay antenna for 19 watts.

I passed it Tuesday and the new four bay was up....kinda resembles the 102.3 four bay in Rio Grande but much newer, those 2 towers are very short, so it must be around 75 feet or so above the ground at most. The last time I saw the old 6 bay was last Fall, so this new antenna was put up between October and June, it looks like it can put out from 1 to 20kw by the looks of it, but the height is very low for good coverage.

To answer Sam Lit
Yes you can see the 2 WMVB towers From 55
and YesThere is a 4 bay on one of the towers.It belongs to W227BA 103.3 The Calvery Chapel of Marlton translator.

Just note: WMVB is No longer running on the Gates BC1-G Tube transmitter with 80% modulation.

I installed a New BE AM-1A a few weeks Back. and Upped the modulation to just below the legal limit
about 123% peaks at 125% nice and loud..

Neal.... CE
WSNJ,WMVB, WIBG AM/FM, and many more...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom